Re: Documentation server security issues

Buddha Buck wrote:
>I think I understand what Riku is saying... Lets see if I can explain
>attractive.  One of which is a link to "http://localhost/carefully-chose
>n-data".  Of course, it's labeled "COPS" or "Kuang Ice Breaker" (an
>The next thing that happens is that -I- contact the vulnerable web
>server, from within any fire walls, bound sockets, etc, that might
>prevent the black hats from breaking in, sending -his- chosen sequence.

Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for the nice
explanation. :)

Anyway, if, as Christian said, the documentation server is optional, then
I'm content. I'll still help minimise the danger by checking the code if
someone decides to write a tiny server.

(I think I found a buffer overflow problem in the short server code someone
posted to debian-devel a few days ago (something to do with strcat()ing to
fn, I think it was), but didn't look at it more carefully because I thought
that it was alpha code anyway. If whoever wrote it is listening and wants me
to check the code, mail it to me. :)) (I really should save interesting
mailing list messages more often...)

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@spider.compart.fi, rjs@lloke.dna.fi