Re: fiat mode on regarding WWW and documentation

From: Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org>
> This is a non-customary extension to the functionality available in common
> web-browsers on non-Linux platforms.

As far as I can tell you could have written it as "we really need a web
server here, unless all web browsers are guaranteed to be able to do
uncompression, and just maybe we need them to do _transparent_ uncompression.

I still have a problem understanding why one would not do all of this in
the server. Sure, using a direct browser is potentially faster, so use one
when you can, don't make everyone use one.

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@pixar.com   510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.debian.org for PGP public key.