Re: Experiences with compiling Debian

Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@Feedback.com.ar> writes:

>  Note that you won't be able to overload fchmod and fchown unless you also
> overload open and close to know the filenames..!
>
>  IMO we should go with the simplest solution: {chmod,chown}.sh and modify
> the packages.

Well, if we do this, we need to make sure to handle the case where
people do something like:

  chown -R 755 debian/tmp/usr/bin
  chown g+s debian/tmp/usr/bin/special-binary

i.e. later commands would have to override previous ones.  (probably
obvious, but I just wanted to make sure this was kept in mind).

--
Rob