Re: End of Documentation Discussion

In message <[🔎] 87205naosn.fsf@bittersweet.inetarena.com>, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>    Christian> One questions remains: Is it possible to browse
>    Christian> "html.gz" files _without_ a CGI script with the usual
>    Christian> HTML browsers (Netscape, lynx)?

It sure is possible with chimera.  The relevant conversion entries should be
put in ~/.chimera_convert.  I highly recommend this program for browsing
_local_ HTML pages.  It seems to have even smaller footprint than lynx and
supports inline graphics, tables, forms.  No frames though.  Also not as
robust as lynx when the connection is slow.

lynx also supports browsing of gzipped pages.

Michael.