Re: Experiences with compiling Debian

On Jun 25, joost witteveen wrote
> The only problem with this is that if there are setuid binaries involved
> in the debian/rules binary process, they will not use the LD_PRELOAD
> stuff, and things may go wrong. (But as long as those binaries are
> setuid root, they wouldn't need the libfakeroot).

a) are there any suid binaries used when compiling ? i looked at my
/var/log/suid.today, but i didn't find any binaries that might be
usefull with compiling.

b) will you have to modify dpkg for the build process, or will it use
the same trap lib ? will you use a file and read / write to this file or
a daemon or so ? (if you can trap tar the same way you can trap chown,
you will not need these special function tar has).

additional problems you might have construction this wrapper lib. :-)

regards, andreas