Re: Compiling with libc6

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

> > There are some maintainers that must keep their machines on the stable
> > tree (and thus libc5) for various reasons.
> >
> > Is there a machine somewhere these developers can log in to for the sole
> > purpose of building release packages?
>
> If nobody else comes forward, I'd be willing to do so.
>
> My machine is connected to the internet via a 6kbyte/s link, so up/down
> it works.
>
> Mail me if you want an account on my "unstable" machine.

Once I go back to work, I may be getting access to some very fast machines
(pentium pros 200mhz or faster), I may be able to convince them to let me
have one machine for linux.  If I can get that, I should be able to make
it a libc6 only machine, and upload the stuff needed.  I probably couldn't
give anyone an account on it, I don't believe the US governemnt would look
kindly on me giving access to a government computer, but I have permission
to persue linux related matters.  So, if this works out, which I'll find
out in a few days, right after graduation, I'll set up the system.  access
speeds shouldn't be a problem for me.

Shaya