Re: booting bzImage with chos

> Chos is able to chain to a LILO boot block on a partition. It worked fine
> chaining to /dev/hdd, for example. So you can boot bzImage kernels that
> way until someone fixes "chos".
>
> Nice program. I think it assumes that /boot is on the first drive,
> doesn't it?
>
> 	Thanks
>
> 	Bruce

Yup.  I tried to use a kernel on my second hard drive one, and it gave a
error when I ran chos.  As long as it is on the first hard drive, you should
be fine.  I don't know what it would take to snag some functionality from
lilo and stick it into chos, but I guess since chos is now GPLed (YEA!!!)
some of us should probably take a look.  (sound of ftping source in background).

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org