Re: packages.debian.org & qmail (was Re: Using CVS for package development)

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Philip Hands wrote:

> What were you trying to achieve ? --- it might be simpler than you think.
>
> I just discovered that most of my alias handling under qmail was drivel, and
> could be dome much more simply.
>
> > If someone wants to spend some time on a simple mailer hack, you can
> > make this work.
>
> If you want mail to, for instance:
>
>   rsync@packages.debian.org

IIRC you can also alias an entire domain (packages.debian.org) to one user
(how lists.debian.org is currently done). So rsync@packages.debian.org
gets translated to, say bruce-packages-rsync.

Then, ~bruce/.qmail-packages will execute a script to process it, or you
can have .qmail-packages files for each pkg if you are worried about
speed.

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>			http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP ID 87D4D065, fingerprint 2A 66 86 9D 02 4D A6 1E  B8 A2 17 9D 4F 9B 89 D6