Re: cygwin.dll license (was Re: FreeQt ?)

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> I really must admit I find the GPL very cryptic, it's hard to say exactly
> what it means if you look at very small detail. I do think that it makes
> sense however that you should be able to put RCS in a dll and link to the
> dll.

That depends, if you put it in a .dll, and the original author is just a
student, or a hobbiest, it's unlikely that you would ever have to prove your
point in court.

But if the original author is a commercial entity that is trying to make
money, or perhaps the FSF that has a point to prove, you might find yourself
in court, with a bunch of expensive lawyers on the other side.

Cheers,

 - Jim