Re: cygwin.dll license (was Re: FreeQt ?)

> However, the unique interface issue does exist with regard to gzip,
> since that is purely a GPLed product.  I think a libgzip or a gzip.dll
> would run into the same issues as the libdb did.

Not to distract from the original point (thank you for the clearer
explanation of the libmp issue!) note that "zlib", which uses the same
algorithm, is an unencumbered implementation (more suited for
embedding anyway, which makes a gzip.dll simply a poor choice :-) and
thus the whole issue is fairly well side stepped. (X is using zlib for
both low-bandwidth-X and for font compression now...)

libdb would be an issue if you used the db interfaces; if you used the
dbm_* interfaces, you'd presumably be ok...