Re: Copyright question

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, joost witteveen wrote:
>
> > Non-free it is
>
> No. If the author forbids distribution a changed (i.e. bug fixed)
> _binary_ version, I think the package may not even go into non-free.
>
> What do the others think?

Before we go off half-cocked here:
 1) I have e-mailed the author asking for permission to distribute
    a bug-fixed software
 2) We are distributing various programs without source already.
    These programs are not fixable.  (Example: xforms)

I really don't think that we should make lack of modification
permission to be a reason to not include in non-free (after all, isn't
this what non-free is for?)

--
John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    |