gdbm and libc6

	Hi developpers,

	I'm planning to package htdig, a www search engine
(http://htdig.sdsu.edu/). I have two questions :

	- is someone already working on this package ?

	- what is the status of lib gdbm and libc6 ? . Htdig uses gdbm but
libc6 provides db and sometime ago I'seen a post of Ulrich Drepper (glibc
maintener), he said that he was unable to find a maintainer for ligdbm. So
is gdbm offcialy dropped for hamm ? should I port htdig to use db instead
?

	Thanks for any info.

		Yann Doussot <doussot@via.ecp.fr>