Re: ncurses & libc6

> 	I was thinking about building ncurses 4.1 with libc6 when I saw
> this file :
>
> README.glibc
>
> To compile this as an add-on for glibc, unpack it in the glibc source
> tree and put ncurses on the add-on list when you do configure.
>
> hjl@gnu.ai.mit.edu
> 03/21/1997
>

> 	So it seems possible to compile libc6 and ncurses as a whole.
> As libncurses is outdated and needs to be recompiled for libc6 why not use
> this possibility ?
>
> 	David what do you think about this ?
>

> Note : please CC mails about this to me, I'm not subscribed to the list.

Hello, I'm the new libc5 & libc6 maintainer.

It is possible to include ncurses in the libc6 packages, but it is not
much easier to compile using the glibc source tree than doing without.
I contacted the ncurses maintainer, Michael Alan Dorman, last weekend
and he promised to have a new package out RSN.

	Helmut

--
Helmut Geyer                                Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
public PGP key available :           finger geyer@saturn.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de