Re: GOAL: Consistent Keyboard Configuration

srivasta@datasync.com (Manoj Srivastava)  wrote on 26.05.97 in <[🔎] 87wwom3oz1.fsf@tiamat.datasync.com>:

> >>"Christoph" == Christoph Lameter <clameter@miriam.fuller.edu> writes:
>
> Christoph> Emacs is one application. We want to use an existing
> Christoph> STANDARD not screw up one more. Emacs can be
> Christoph> adapted. Please do use existing standards for keyboard
> Christoph> layouts and character mapping!
>
> 	Sorry. In this context STANDARD is also what people percieve
>  the standard to be, not what the bodies say (have we already
>  forgotten what happened to the nice HTML 3.0?)

Not that you'll find a standards body saying anything about keyboard bs
vs. del vs. vt220 delete sequence. In fact, I've not found any serious
standard about the input side of controls and escapes, and I've been
looking.

Maybe there should be one, but there isn't any.

MfG Kai