Re: base-files does not create /usr/local directories

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> 1. Is it allowed to remove these directories in the postrm script? The
> first section seams to allow it, but the second paragraph does not allow
> it.
>
> 2. FSSTND, section 4.8 lists only a few directories. Currently, a few
> packages install other directories, for example:
>    perl: /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux
>    tetex-base: /usr/local/lib/texmf/doc

Both of these points are from a misreading of the second paragraph.

> > You may not create any directories off of /usr/local besides those
> > listed in FSSTND 4.8.  You may not remove any of the directories
> > mentioned in 4.8, even if you created them.

By "directories off of /usr/local", I mean directories in /usr/local.
Both of your examples are ok as they use `lib', which is listed in
4.8.  `/usr/local/site_perl' would not be ok though.  In the above
example, perl would rmdir just the site_perl/i386-linux part of the
directory it created.

Feel free to change my wording to make it more clear.

Guy