official C library

Is libc 6 (aka glibc) the official C library for hamm? If so when should we
start reporting bugs against incompatibilities? I know it takes some time
until most maintainers are able to develop with libc6, but we should take
care of these problems early on before we lose track of them.

So far I know of two:

1) utmp structure changed. I recompiled login for libc 6 so who works again.
But I still have problems accessing it (for instance with procps)
or writing it (for instance xterm). I take it all binaries that access utmp
have to be recompiled.

2) Locale setting doesn't work anmore. This is particular annoying since
perl complains about it very often.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Projekt-Manager  | meskes@topsystem.de, meskes@debian.org
topsystem Systemhaus GmbH            | Phone: (+49) 2405/4670-44