Re: RFC: Kernel-package: Please add the '.config' file in the binary package

Hi,
>>"Jean" == Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplejacq@quoininc.com> writes:

Jean> I agree with the basic concept but shouldn't this be placed in
Jean> /etc instead of /boot.  /etc defines the configuration for the
Jean> host after all.

	The config file, which shall reside in the kernel-image
 package, is really useless unless one has the kernel sources, so
 arguably this is not a config file any more, but a description of the
 kernel image itself (coming closer to the psdatabase file itself).

	I expect files under /etc to be modifiable by the site admin,
 and if they are so modified, have some affect on the system.  One may
 modify the config file till one is blue in the face with no affect
 whatsoever on the system or any program being run ;-).

	manoj
--
 "Democracy is also a form of worship.  It is the worship of Jackals
 by Jackasses." Mencken