What do developers need in a bug report?
- To: Debian Developers <email@example.com>
- Subject: What do developers need in a bug report?
- From: Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@Feedback.com.ar>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 22:09:17 -0300 (ARST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.970512220118.246E-100000@localhost>
There are many sources of information for a bug report:
[ ] Depended packages information (version, status, etc)
[ ] Modified conffiles
[ ] Machine/hardware description (memory, etc)
[ ] Boot time messages
[ ] Core dump file
[ ] Package's custom bugreport script
The problem is that some error clearly don't need the information... You
send a bug report about xbase menus, and bug tries to send all modified X
conffiles..! And.. for some packages the maintainer can know of some known
error causing conditions that he may want to check with a custom script
(/var/lib/dpkg/info/package.bugreport?). If the package deals with sound,
it may want to include a cat of /dev/sndstat...
As you may note, I'm giving questions... not answers.... =)
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .