Outstanding Critical Bug #9254

Package: ftp.debian.org
Version: N/A

Guy, please remove the package "mfdcfnt" from the non-free distribution
before 1.3 is released (perhaps now). Note that this will break
installations of 1.2, but people should install "frozen" anyways :-)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Brian White wrote:

[snip]
> #9254: Unresolved dependency report for mfdcfnt
>     Package: mfdcfnt; Reported by: Klee Dienes <klee@debian.org>.

This package is superceded by the new tetex packages and has to be removed
from the distribution before 1.3 is released.

The reason for keeping it in non-free until now was that users with Debian
1.2 have a working tex system (that's the problem that non-free was used
by stable and unstable until now).

Here is an extract of an email conversion between myself and Loic Prylli
<lprylli@graville.fdn.fr>, the maintainer of mfdcfnt (some while ago):

Loic Prylli <lprylli@graville.fdn.fr> wrote:
> I have raised this point on debian-devel some weeks ago, it was
> decided to put again mfdcfnt (which has been previously removed) so
> that people installing Debian1.2 could have a working TeX system. The
> mfdcfnt package will be deleted some days before Debian1.3 is
> officially released. The current mfdcfnt package conflicts withtetex
> to be sure no mistake can arise.

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com