Re: Can we upload binaries using libc6 to hamm yet?

On Apr 22, Mark Eichin wrote
> > action will be required.  In these cases, the package should be
> > rebuilt with libc6 using a new package name so it can coexist with the
> > old libc5 version.  Eventually, the old libc5 version will be removed
>
> Can you make some recommendations about the naems, so we can stay
> mostly consistent? (libgdbm and libdb, for example, are long-term
> unchanging -- should the libname or soname change as well?

I was thinking of simply adding a 'g' to the package names.  For
example, the libc6 version of 'libgpm1' would be 'libgpm1g'.

BTW, libgdbm and libdb aren't good examples.  libdb is already part of
glibc and libgdbm is no longer supported.

> what if anything are other distributions doing?)

I have no idea.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road