Re: "dselect" replacement team

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: Steve Dunham <dunham@dunham.tcimet.net>
> > Has the sorting problem been fixed yet?
>
> It's only a problem for dpkg-ftp AFAIK. Has it been fixed there?

Yep! Since 1.2 at least, someone has written a --predep-package option for
dpkg. It prints out all packages which can be installed right now or
are depended on by other packages. I will file a bug against dpkg-ftp, it
should perform the procedure in the disk shell script.

Also means I don't need to write a prefixer.  :>

And on another point, dpkg does seem to be in C, but there is an older
perl version I was inspecting, sorry for any confusion.

Jason