Re: Problem with lprng turned out to be problem with dpkg?

Rob Browning <osiris@cs.utexas.edu> writes:
> I'd like to suggest that dpkg be fixed so that it always updates the
> permissions of the files and (leaf) directories in the file system to
> match those in the deb file.  Right now it doesn't.

But then _every_ maintainer has to get it right, or he or she could
break the system (what if they accidentally include a /tmp dir with
the wrong perms?), whereas now, if one maintainer gets it wrong, he or
she will only likely break one subsystem.

Mike.