New X maintainer required

Recently I have found that I have insufficient time to do a good job
of maintaining the Debian X packages. I'd like to give the
responsibility away to somebody else.

Maintaining the X packages is a big job in all senses of the word
'big'. You will need at least 500Mb in which to work. A build of the
packages takes around 3 hours on a P100 with adequate memory. You need
a good understanding of the way the X Window System is put together
and the Debian packaging system.

You need to consider every change you make to the packages
carefully. It's not a good idea to release a new set every other
week. The X packages, more than most, need to be stable.

Would people who are interested in taking on these packages please
contact me by private email.

Steve Early