master.debian.org using identd?

Hello,

I've just tried fingering master.debian.org and got rejected due to
lack of an "identd" daemon on my machine (I disabled it).

I don't see the point in using identd, it has been explained many
times in many forums that this protocol is totally unreliable, as
anyone (especially today) can install a "daemon" which will fake any
user name.

I therefore suggest that master.debian.org will cease to relay on this
protocol.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL            amos@dsi.co.il  |                     -- Anonymous