Re: Changes to menu packgae

> joost witteveen:
> > ? package(vi): needs=text command=/usr/bin/vi section=Apps/Editors title=Vi \
> >                longdesc="The editor that people complain even \
> >                more about than the aboutweather, vi." \
> > 	       id=vi sort=aa myfunkyvar=lichtbewolkt
>
> Your proposal sounds good to me. One nit: do you really need the id= tag?
> I'm not very familiar with the internal details of how update-menus works,
> but if you can see a way to do away with that tag, it'd simplify making menu
> entries.

I just realised I'm becoming a dinosaur. Indeed, the "id" feeld isn't
used at all. It's not used by update-menus, and as far as I know not by any
of the menu-methods, except that they expect the third collumn
on their input stream to be some id tag, but I guess that could
also be a line-number, and anyway, that format needs to be changed
anyway (looking more like the menuentry stuff seen above), but I was
going to ask you about that anyway (pdmenu).

--
joost witteveen     joostje@debian.org

I came, I saw, ..., well, it wasn't free so I left again. (LUA, 1988)