How to determine if symbolic link is dangling?

I'm trying to complete the next release of wn and have run
into a problem.  I need to recurse through /usr/doc and find
all the (sub)directories.  I want to be able to support
symbolic links to directories outside /usr/doc hierarchy.
Unfortunately there will be dangling symbolic links.

I'm using the "find" utility to recurse through the
directory hierarchy.  Is there a way to test if the link is
dangling?

Thanks,

--
Jean Pierre