Re: Non-English bootdisks

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Goran Andersson wrote:

> What is the policy on this?
> Are these non-English bootdisks unofficial hacks?
> In any case, I wish someone to take responsibility
> for this issue. It would be much easier to get this
> job done if it is organized more or less as the
> Gnu Translation Project.

There is work in progress to internationalize the boot-floppies.

Nicolas Lichtmaier begun with the project, and I am working on it too.
Nicolas and Bruce suggested that the shell scripts should be
internationalized by putting all messages in variables, and defining
those in separated scripts, one per language. There are other
places where a different solution must be taken (the f?.txt messages
and the busybox messages).

It would be nice if people interested in i18n discuss this issue to
define how may be implemented.

> Perhaps these questions should go to debian-i18n,
> but I don't know if that list still exists...

AFAIK, it's up and running.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna