LockFile.pm - nfs safe file locking codes.

 Here's some perl I wrote to implement file locking using the
algorithm described in 'man 3 open', and as implemented by Lars
Wirzenius in publib/lockfile.c.  I have kept his function names.

 This has been but briefly and trivially tested, and will no doubt
need tweaking and tuning.  I believe this will work fine with nfs.

 Probably it should become a Perl5 object module.

 If you see any obvious errors or oversights, let me know.  I am new
to programming and to Perl, and would enjoy an exchange on these
topics.  Comments, ideas, and feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Usage:
 $status = lockfile_create('./lockfilename');
 # error testing...
 # do something with the file...
 $status = lockfile_remove('./lockfilename');
 # error testing...

Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg
Portland, OR  USA