Re: NIS and libc in bo?

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> I only see these possibilities now:
>
> - - We find someone that can fix the NIS packages _NOW_. This person will
> have to upload the fix package until mid of next week.

If I weren't in the process of moving to Oldenburg on Monday, I'd go for it -
sorry. As things are going I expect to find time for Debian related work by
Thursday of next week and I guess I'll need a day or two to fully understand why
NIS is broken with libc 5.4.23.

Provided you give me time until Sunday Mar 21, I'll do the job.

> - - If we don't have some person, we'll have to much 5.4.20 back into "bo"
> and change the packages that depend on 5.4.23.

Given my offer isn't acceptable, I vote for this option.

> - - We ship "bo" without NIS--I don't think this is an option.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES - sorry for shouting,

Thanks
  Siggy
--
Siggy Brentrup <bsb@debian.org> aka: bsb@uni-muenster.de
*** PGP public key available from keyservers ***