Re: menus (was Re: proposal for limiting menu icons color and size)

"Susan G. Kleinmann" <sgk@kleinmann.com> writes:

> I also make little use of the menus that I have set up.  I just find
> menus too limiting.  They have the same drawbacks as GUI's in general:
> you can't arbitrarily string programs together in pipes, which to me
> is one of the major advantages of a system that comes with a command
> input screen and a powerful shell.

> I'm bringing all this up now because I'm working on the FAQ, and must
> admit that if someone were to ask me the question you posed above,
> I'd be stumped.
>
> What am I missing?

Simply keep your $HOME/.fvwm2rc file, and you won't loose all your
menus.  Then again, you won't gain the advantage of automagically
registered program items in your menus either.

I'm sure Joost has quite a large wish/todo list for the menu package
now. (User selected item order is one not mentioned in this thread
yet.)

Best wishes,

Kenny.