I'm Back (or lets get back to Linuxconf talk)

Hello again, I was off of the e-mail for about 2 weeks, I should be back
now.  We were discussing a few things about trying to create hooks into
Debian for Linuxconf.  We need to work on the syntax that the "database"
file will use and how the "configure" programs should parse it, we also
need to say how this would fit into package, i.e. should it be a file in
the DEBIAN directory and be placed in /var/lib/dpkg/infi as
package.database or something else.  We also need to figure out a way to
store info (such as ethernet info) that is easily parsed by our plain
scripts and by Linuxconf.  We also need to identify where we keep
"non-standard" data so that we can have Linuxconf changed to look in those
places on a Debian system.  Their may be more, but I am tired right now so
speak up if you have any more things that we should remember to take care
of.

On another note, I see that the job of redoing dpkg and deb-make is
gaining steam.  I just have a few comments for improvements in dpkg.  I
already mentioned that in the conflict screen we should see a comment for
why a program Depends/Reccomends/Suggests/Conflicts, this is most
important for Reccomend and Suggests.  Also it would probably be helpful
if we could see what changes occured in a package in dselect's main
screen.  This would help us users who follow unstable closely.

Well good night,

Shaya