Re: Possible framework for `debmake replacement'

Andy Mortimer <andy.mortimer@poboxes.com> writes:
> The core of this package would be the helper program(s), which for the
> sake of this proposal will be a set of programs with the prefix
> `dmake-'.

Maybe it would be less, uh, clutterful (is that a word?), to have all
of these as separate programs, possibly in /usr/lib/dmake, while
having a single program, dmake, that acts as the "controller"?

The user could, if he or she wanted to, call the programs directly,
but would be encouraged to use dmake and a variety of flags.

I don't know if anyone cares, but I think having a zillion little
scripts may be as bad as having one big one.

Mike.