Re: no final newline in source package: how to deal with this?

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Joey Hess wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > I guess I'm just more pragmatic. I can control the new lines at the end of
> > files in my packages. I can't control the actions of dpkg-source (well,
> > not realisticaly anyway). This is not to say that, if this can be fixed,
> > it shouldn't be. I'm just certain that I am not the one to do this ;-)
>
> Well, my point in bringing this up was that, yes, you can add newlines to
> files in debian/*. But you can't add a newline to a file in the
> .orig.tar.gz (unless you care to edit the .orig.tar.gz every time you
> update to a new upstream version), and if a file in there is lacking a
> newline and you edit it, dpkg-source chokes on it.

Well, I think that this is a problem with the way dpkg-source states the
error rather than the file actually being in the orig tree, as there are
no debian/ files in the orig tree. Have your tried tacking on the newlines
to the debian/ files?

Luck,

Dwarf