Re: Self-hosting AXP files avaiable?

According to Michael Alan Dorman:
> Before I get too far with this, I just wanted to know if anyone had
> already gotten far enough along that they had a self-hosting set of
> AXP packages?
>
> If not, and if no one has any definite plans at this point, I'm going
> to be working on getting an installable AXP setup---I simply cannot
> keep RedHat on this, I can't abide the configuration differences.

Mail me for an account on yar.cistron.nl, a Debian/AXP box.

I haven't been able to work on this because the interface of glibc kept
on changing and changing - causing one binary incompatibility after
the other, and then the change of source format of the debian packages
etc etc.

I got it up debian-only in two weeks. Then I spent months running after
all the changes that were being made.

And now the latest glibc is *totally* binary incompatible with the old
ones making most of the work obsolete again. SIGH.

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/