Where is 'libiberty'?

The last time I compiled 'gnats' (which was some time ago, I admit), I
was able to like the "iberty" library as "-liberty".  Now, this fails:

  ld: cannot open -liberty: No such file or directory

I can't find this anywhere in the Contents.  Does anybody know what
happened to it?

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )