Two things that need attention

There are two things, that I would like to draw attention to...

The first, is that 'xdm' doesn't make a valid entry in the utmp file.   As
someone had pointed out, this wass caused because the 'sessreg' program was
statically linked against the C library...

The second, is the update/install procedure and the searching your path
for programs.  If you install a new program into the directory hierarchy,
the normal path search will not find it, until caches have been updated.
Which will normally not be done, until you start your session again.  This
may be a reason for some of the reports from users, when installing
packages... I think the install program, should try force an update of
this cache after installing a package?

Any workarounds?