Re: Should wg15 be splitted?

On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:

> >         Maybe it would be a good idea to have an (several?) "official"
> > representant of each language who'll be in charge to check Debian
> > conformance wrt. his language/keyboard layout/etc. ?

[snip]

> Could be an idea.
> We need also a mailing list through which one debian maintainer can
> reach all of these translation maintainers.

debian-french@lists.debian.org already exists (about 40 subscribers).
Some translations have been done {install guide,cfdisk(8),...} some are
being done {FAQ,man pages,...}. But I guess we can't really work on
locales before there's a real policy about this.

Anyway, although I consider this language problem as important, I agree
with Guy&Lars in the way I think we have more serious issues to solve by
now.

Last week, we talked a lot about the current Debian problems. Now, maybe
it's time to sort them, and try to solve them in the good order.

	We already have repackaging been done. What next?

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -