Re: Future Debian CD plans
It is clear from your recent postings that you feel we need to
make some changes to survive. For example the recent movement to create
a board of directors is a good idea who's time has come.
Maybe it would be helpful if you could put pen to paper and
tell us your thoughts on:
- your vision for the future of Debian
- ways to generate more money
- what are our current sources of income
- how much money we need to maintain the master FTP server
- what kind of budget Debian currently has
- what kind of budget Debian needs
- how to attract more commercial support
- what forms of commercial involvement you envision
- ways of increasing exposure/advertising of Debian
- anything else you want to ramble on about
Basically, this was brought on by the following paragraph from Bruce:
> We have to grow up. We are completely broke and I've been supporting
> the project out of my pocket. We can't afford the legal help to
> incorporate as a tax-exempt non-profit. We can't afford to pay for the
> master FTP server. We can't advertise or send out publicity. It happens
> that a good many people think we have a fine system, but we can't sustain
> it this way.
We want Debian not only to survive, but to thrive.
We need to figure out how to do this and
keep Debian as a grass-roots organization.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com