Re: Revised Virtual Package Names List (a new list?)

Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@icenet.fi> writes:
[most of dialog snipped]
> I think it would be better if we have a list of ALL those names to be
> consulted _before_ the choose of a private virtual package name, and
> also of a real package name.

I also think it reasonable to have all virtual packages listed in the one
place.  But if I made an issue of it, I'd have to go chase all the ones
currently in use but not listed, and I haven't felt I've had the time for
that yet.  :-)

> For this purpose I have wrote a short perl scripts that extracts all
> those names from a Packages file and sorts them out in various formats.

Excellent!  This is something I always thought I'd do (just to help me
manage the VPNL), but I never got around to it (probably mainly because I
don't really know perl ;-).  I'll see if I can have a look at it later
tonight or tomorrow (at the moment, I'm late for dinner....), and maybe use
it to help me bring the VPNL fully up-to-date.

				Warwick