Re: Goals for 1.3?

"Brian C. White" <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

> > - For serial communication use ttyS* devices instead of cua* devices
>
> Could you give reasons for this, please.

I believe there is a communication floating around, from the guy who
actually maintains the kernel serial port code, and he said not to use
cua devices anymore if possible.  He said that they were not being
maintained, and implied that they would become more and more broken.

Unfortunately I don't have a pointer to the message, but that's what I
recall.

Personally, I was having some serious trouble with pppd until I
switched to ttyS*, and the problems went away.  Can't prove that's
what did it, but...

--
Rob