ssh US-only version (was: Re: FAQ: Work-Needing and Prospective Packages)

Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> writes:

> "Boris D. Beletsky":
> > Hi Rudolph, You wrote:
> >  Rudolph> Dominik Kubla Dominik.Kubla@Uni-Mainz.DE : o kbd o vlock o
> >  Rudolph> ssh (ITAR restricted, needs US maintainer)
> >
> > Is there a non US pkg of ssh?

ftp://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/pub/debian-non-US/

> Yes, and I think we need a _non-US_ maintainer for ssh, not a US one.

jan camenisch <camenisch@inf.ethz.ch> maintains the non-US version.

It is illegal to use this version in the US, because ssh has to use
rsaref there. So we need a US-only version of ssh, and this version
needs a maintainer in order to be created. I don't know whether we
need a US-only FTP site for this ...

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/