Re: some netstd changes ...

On Sun, 29 Dec 1996, Peter Tobias wrote:

> I'll upload a new netstd package soon. If there are no objections I'll
> also do the following changes:
>
> - remove pop2d (do we need a pop-2 daemon?)
> - remove pop3d (we already have 2 better pop3 daemons)
> - remove wdsetup (setup tool for old WD 80x3 cards)
>
> If you think that either pop2d, pop3d or wdsetup should remain in
> the netstd package please send me an email soon.

1. I don't know of anyone or a piece of software that MUST use POP2, that
its needed at all.  Any mail client now days has support for POP3.
No need to keep that, IMO.

2. If pop3 is supported by other <better> packages, no real need for that
either then..

3.  wdsetup -  I don't need it, but I'm sure someone else will need it.
I'd leave that one it.

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
         mailto:servo@southeast.net http://users.southeast.net/~servo