Re: Shadow passwords and GNU su

Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> writes:

> > I'd suggest to make a separate binary package containing only GNU su,
> > which can be used instead of shadow-su if necessary.
>
> I'll do that then.

My original proposal was simpler - don't do anything to shellutils and
the other su will be in its own package and divert shellutils su to an
unreadable location.  I won't call the other package shadow-su, as
that it gives the impression that you need it to use shadow.  Maybe
secure-su or somethng.

Guy