Re: alpha

Mike Neuffer <mike@i-Connect.Net> writes:

> > So, should I load Redhat, or is there enough Debian Alpha running to be worth
> > starting elsewhere?
>
> I'm not sure, but I guess the initial bootstrap still has to be done
> with the RH disks.

I bootstrapped mine with about no Redhat disks (I used a hacked Redhat
boot disk ...)

See ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/pub/people/sr1/debian-alpha/ALPHA-bootstrapping

I got the base system and the Debian packages from Miquel van
Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl>, unfortunately they may be out of
date nowadays and caused some interesting problems; see debian-alpha
archive for details

(Please use the debian-alpha list for alpha-related discussions.)

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/