Debian for MkLinux -- how to?

One of my associates is installing MkLinux on a spare PowerMac.  We
would like to Debianize it enough to download stuff from the source tree
and build deb packages on it.  What files do I need to do this and where
do I find them?

This is similar to the problem of installing Debian software on a
Redhat or Slackware box, so I would appreciate any tips and suggestions
others have.
--
Karl Sackett                                           krs@caos.aamu.edu

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form
of tyranny over the mind of man." -- Thomas Jefferson