Re: Installing a new Rex system

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996, Shaya Potter wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> I just installed rex on my home computer on a tiny partition just to test
> out the boot floppies.  I couldn't get lilo to take over the boot, so
> even when I told the configuration program to boot up linux, it still
> booted up dos.  The only way I could boot the computer into linux, was to
> make a boot floppy.  Is this a bug?
>
> While on the topic of installations, does anyone have any experience with
> getting ppp started on a basic system?

Yes - email me if you need help still. While still on the topic of ppp, I
can't get ppp to be started properly from dip (I have to use chat). pppd
complains about file locking or something). Is this a kernel 2.1
"feature", or am I doing something wrong?

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>        PGP public key ID 87D4D065
PGP fingerprint: 2A 66 86 9D 02 4D A6 1E  B8 A2 17 9D 4F 9B 89 D6