Re: md5 file signing.

Hello,

>  I already changed a few lines in my dpkg-gencontrol so this file is added
>  automaticaly, but it would be nice if it could be added in the next
>  release of dpkg-dev. Is anyone working on it?

I wanted to write a small draft, cause the file shuld contain size,
owner.group and permissions (octal), too:

aabbc44ff33445566 644 root.root 12345 /usr/bin/bla

Unfortunatelly md5sum is not ready to do that, and calling md5sum in an
wrapper would be slow. Best solution is to add options to md5sum, to allo
generation og mode/size/owner additional info. This is a rather generic
feature and can be included in the upstream version, too.

Greetings
Bernd