Re: 1.2 boot floppy

bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) writes:

> Dpkg-ftp is useless without networking, and that would
> not fit on the floppies either. I think the best solution is to put
> together a document on what packages (perl, netbase, netstd, dpkg-ftp)
> you need to install in order to have dpkg-ftp work.

Huh?  Networking was on the previous floppy set.  Why not just have a
fourth floppy?

That was one of the things that really impressed me about Debian - you
install the base disks, and you actually have a useful little system
which can ftp the other files.  With Redhat, the base disks give you a
pretty X interface but little else.

Do users really compare distributions by how many floppies it takes to
bring them up?

Guy