Re: Upcoming Debian Releases [auto-post]

"Brian C. White" writes:
-> "stable" is supposed to be a solid, working system.  If people want
-> the latest & greates, then they can use "unstable".   Hmmm...  perhaps
-> it might be an idea to rename "unstable" to "latest"?  I've always
-> found that "unstable" gave the wrong impression since it tends to
-> be very stable.

Perhaps we should rename unstable to current, along the lines of how
FreeBSD names their releases?  I'll have to agree that unstable gives
the wrong impression, since unstable is, in general, very stable.

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/