Re: Upcoming Debian Releases [auto-post]

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> 	- handle recommends as suggestions (as you sais before): this is
> really important I think. Otherwise there should be a way to say one don't
> want to follow such a "recommendation". I've installed emacs and elvis
> right now and elvis recommends "elvistags" which I don't need but
> conflicts with emacs. I have to resolv this dependy conflict _every time_
> I use dselect!

I think a better solution is to handle this the way dftp handles
upgrades.  After a given run, it remembers the packages that you
decided not to upgrade and doesn't bother you with them the next time
you run it.  It lists all these ignored upgrades separately at the end
of the selection file in case you change your mind later.

--
Rob